Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kara DioGuardi Debuts On Broadway


We haven't read the reviews yet, but judging from the smile on her face, at least it looks like she had a great time with it.
Kara DioGuardi debuted on Broadway last night with her first performance as Roxie Hart in Chicago. Starring alongside Amra-Faye Wright, she tapped, sang and twirled her way onto the ever-growing [...]

Rosie's back and she's more honest than ever.


In the October issue of O magazine, not only did Ro open up about working on her new show for OWN, admitting that it's the first time she's been "excited" for something in a long time, but she also spoke honestly about getting over her anger issues and the downfall of her marriage with Kelli Carpenter. She revealed:


"You know, I think I had a lot more rage than I was aware of. But I’ve gotten back access to my other feelings. I’m not cut off from my emotions anymore … The rage has gone away … There’s been a healing.


I had, like, zero estrogen. And since I got some, I’ve been able to function more normally. I’ve stopped being so angry."


Her new outlook on life is also why she calls this stage in her life "a new beginning." Back in 2007, her marriage fell apart when she and Kelli realized they were two different people. Rosie explains that it was "humbling and humiliating ... In the O'Donnell family, no one had ever divorced." As for why the two ended things, Rosie goes on to explain some of their differences:


"She wanted to play tennis at the country club, and I don’t do country clubs. I tried. "They made an exception for a gay family, and we joined. It was a big thing: 'They let in a gay family – whoo!' So I show up to play with her, and somebody comes out and says, 'You can’t play unless you have tennis whites.'"


Wait. Did they really argue over tennis? We hope there's a lot more to it than that! And we're sure there are.... Sorry you and Kelli couldn't work things out, but seems like you two now have a mature relationship for the sake of your kids. And things are on the up and up for you! Good luck to you and your show!


internet articles
Francis Bacon
Paul Klee
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Fernnand Leger

No comments: